Friday, December 17, 2010

Welcome to Pittsburgh!

We just arrived in Pittsburgh after about a seven hour drive.  Will get settled in to the hotel for a bit before heading to practice.
Poor quality photo but Coach Brown "won" a UMES "blanket with sleeves" at the holiday party yesterday.  I say "won," because it was the present that he brought and he was determined to leave with it.  He sure was the happiest man I've ever seen to own one.

 Well hello, Westin!

 The view from my room, doesn't look great, but I liked it.  The Monongahela River is in the distance and except for the large building, it was a good view.

Athletic Trainer Randi Kaplan and myself took a walk around the city a little bit after we arrived.  This is a photo of PNC Park, home of the Pittsburgh Pirates.  I absolutely love baseball so this was a must stop/photo for me.   The photo is taken from the Roberto Clemente bridge, one of the famous bridges in town.  To the far left you can see a piece of Heinz Field, home of the Steelers.

As we're getting ready to order food for after practice this is the menu... ummm, what exactly are wedgies?!  I mean, I know the obvious, elementary school definition, but I have never heard of food that's called this!

No comments:

Post a Comment