Friday, December 31, 2010

Injuries

After this last road trip, I feel the need to talk about some of our injuries.  Unfortunately, senior Josh Bright sprained his right ankle during the game at Colorado and I couldn't feel worse for him.  I cannot imagine how much pain he is after a LOOOOOONG travel day yesterday (Denver to Chicago to Baltimore then bus to Princess Anne - 12+ hours).  Josh is such a trooper however and always in such high spirits.  I don't know many details of the injury, but I'm hoping Josh can make a speedy recovery and misses minimal time in his last season as a Hawk.

Luckily we've only had two other players effected by the injury bug - junior Diyaaldin Kelley and freshman Kevin Williams.  I'm also not sure how long either will be out, but hoping it's not long!

Unfortunately, I've personally experienced the injury bug as I missed my senior year of high school basketball due to an ankle sprain/messed up ankle bones. This is still an extremely sensitive subject for me (and it was almost eight years ago!!!).  I really wouldn't wish any kind of injury on my worst enemy and really feel for our guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment