Sunday, January 17, 2010

Daytona Beach!

Another day, another day of travel. Woke up this morning around 8 a.m., bus left Tallahassee around 9 and we arrived to sunny Daytona Beach around 12:30-1. This is what Florida's about...sun!

The guys took full advantage of the four-hour bus ride watching film on Bethune-Cookman.

One of the first things we saw when we arrived was the granddaddy of them all... Daytona International Speedway! Man, that place was HUGE! I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I would love to see the inside of this place and just spend a day or two there. Maybe on a next trip...

We stopped for lunch at a mall food court and immediately all the guys went to Finish Line, Foot Locker, etc. INSTEAD of the food court! Oh well, they were smart, I shoulda done the same thing! My mom would be proud of me though, I left Finish Line (after eating) without buying anything. :-)

It's always interesting going in public places with these guys, since they're all 6-foot+ big dudes. Everyone is always staring and trying to figure out why they're so tall, etc. People amaze me sometimes... it's like they've never seen tall people before. I do believe I saw a few people asking some of the taller ones to take pictures with them... and not because they play college basketball... because they are tall. Seriously people?

The travel to our hotel was interesting. This is definitely a very interesting, diverse city. First we'd see some ritzy, nice hotels, houses, restaurants, etc. and then we'd see some slummy looking places. The "strip" along the beach/ocean definitely said TOURIST AREA! Gift/souvenir shops, restaurants and gimmicky things everywhere! It'd be interesting to see this place during spring break or during the summer.

The view from outside my hotel room.

Currently the guys are practicing at Moore Gymnasium on BCU's campus.

Tyler Hines took a bunch of pics on the drive here, once he gets them to me, I'll upload them for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment