Friday, August 6, 2010

Summer at UMES

After spring semester I had a chance to go home for a month and a half. Over Memorial Day weekend, I was able to take my first vacation in almost five years. A couple of my childhood friends and I went to Miami and we had the best time ever. I stayed for four days and didn't want to leave, but I had to get back to New Jersey to start my summer workouts.

While I was home, I was waiting for my brother, Kyle, to come home from Italy. He plays professionally overseas and his team was in the Italian League playoffs. He wouldn't be home for another three weeks, which felt like forever.

After the Fourth of July holiday it was time for me to head back to UMES and get ready for summer classes. I was excited to get back and see my teammates and coaches.

Our summer schedule included class in the morning for two hours, workout (weights) and play pickup ball at night. It was fun, especially getting a chance to meet newcomers Louis Bell and Kevin Williams. I really like them a lot and playing with them made me even more anxious and excited for the upcoming season.

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment