Thursday, December 16, 2010

We're Worldwide!

We started this blog almost a year ago (I believe it was right after Christmas) and it has been cool to see how it has grown. On the right sidebar, there is a tracker that locates where each visitor is from.  I love this tool because it's really interesting to see where our visitors are from.  Of course there are a lot of hits from the Delmarva/Baltimore/Washington D.C. areas, but it's surprising how many foreign visitors we have.

I try to check the tracker at least once a week, but sometimes I'll miss it and depending on the amount of visitors, I sometimes miss a lot of the locations.  This really makes me curious as to where else we have fans or visitors that haven't been marked.

So far we have visitors from at least 18 states and six countries.  Even though I have definitely missed some, this is still really cool.  I know that some people have just stumbled across the blog and have no idea what UMES is, but I'm glad that we can then welcome them to the world of Hawk Athletics.  Others come straight from our website (UMESHawks.com) and Twitter/Facebook accounts.  Hopefully we can continue to grow our fan base through these outlets and through word of mouth.

I would also love to hear from our fans and supporters, so please feel free to leave us comments, visit our other social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, etc.) or email me at mlhayon@umes.edu.  Is there anything else you would like to see from UMES Athletics?  At games, online, wherever!

GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment