Monday, January 3, 2011

Behind the Scenes!

As it seems everywhere we go, we are somehow linked to every single team we play.  Here the commonality comes in the fact that Coach Brown use to play for OU assistant coach Ben Betts at South Carolina State.  I've mentioned before to JB that I love the behind the scenes stuff at athletic facilities and seeing how different teams do things.  Long story short, he arranged for Coach Betts to give me a tour of the men's basketball portion of the Lloyd Noble Center.  Both the men's and women's basketball team are housed at the Noble Center and everything is just a mirror of the other side so everything is equal.

Many thanks and huge appreciation goes to Coach Betts for taking time out of his busy game day to do this for me!

 Men's practice gym

Sooners locker room, custom lockers form a U and can close to hide belongings.

A TV screen in the lockerroom provides daily information for the team.  Since it was game day, things such as shootaround, pre-game meal, tip time, etc. were shown.  It also had reminders on the bottom about upcoming travel games and community service.  This is a great feature that coaches can update on their computers.

 The other side of the lockerroom is a lounge for the players that included a refridgerator, sink, microwave, TV, computers, couches, games, etc.  It's definitely nicer than my apartment... when can I move in?
 There was a wall outside of the lockerroom with jerseys of former OU players who have made it to the NBA.  

Video room

Coaches' lounge... their lockerroom/lounge was similar to the player's but on a smaller scale.  My personal favorite was all the family photos hanging on the walls (I guess that's my female side coming out?)

Coach Betts also took me into their offices, but I didn't feel right taking pictures of their staff at work.  :-)  The lobby of their office was definitely nice and warm feeling however!

Thanks again Coach Betts!

No comments:

Post a Comment