Monday, June 7, 2010

No worries... I'm still here

I know I haven't posted in forever and don't worry, I haven't forgotten about all my Hawks fans and followers :-) Despite it being the "off-season," there really is no off-season in the sports world.

It doesn't matter whether you work in professional or collegiate athletics, there really is no down time. One of my new favorite phrases that I heard Stan say the other day was: "In June and July we catch up and in August we fall behind."

That phrase is so true that I've caught myself saying it to others. As far as men's basketball goes, April through October has down time. And really all I mean by that is that there are no games scheduled. Even though it is June 7, most of the guys are on campus taking summer classes and working out in the weight room and gym. One of these upcoming days I will post some pictures of the guys that I've snapped of them working out.

In our office, I am not just limited to men's basketball as I am also the contact for softball and track and field. The track and field season is still going on (they compete at the NCAA Championships Wednesday!!!) so my 2009-10 season doesn't "end" for another week or two. Even when their season is done, I need to go through each sport and recap what happened this past season and update everyone's profiles and bios. There's a lot of things to wrap up before we can move onto the next season.

And despite the 2009-10 year essentially still being in session, we have already geared our sights towards 2010-11 as we are starting to work on volleyball stuff. They begin practices in just two months! (And I know that time'll fly by!)

I've already started the production of the team posters and schedules cards and at this point that means getting the creative juices flowing and starting to design/layout the posters. I don't want to set any deadlines, but be on the lookout for posters starting in late August! (Don't hold me to that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment