Tuesday, June 15, 2010

M&T Bank Stadium

A couple of weeks ago I attended a workshop that was held at the Ravens' Stadium - M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. Nick Robinson is a huge Ravens fan, so he was sort of mad at me when I told him where it was AFTER I was done with the workshop. :-) Oh well.

I've been behind-the-scenes in all sorts of stadiums before - collegiate, NBA, MLB, MiLB, etc., but oddly, I've never been in the depths of an NFL stadium. This was a cool experience. The actual workshop was held inside the Ravens locker room.



(Let it be known that I HATE fake turf.)


If you look closely you can see people cleaning/painting the turf. I was always puzzled how they can change the paint on turf and apparently you can just take a power washer to it! They are changing the field from lacrosse to soccer.

Ginormous scoreboard. Would love to see it in action!

Salisbury University played in the Lacrosse Championships the day before!


Inside the security control room, it's crazy. They have over 20 tv monitors where they can zoom in on single people and zoom out to see the entire stadium. There was also traffic controls in this room. It was really spectacular what they can all do.
This is the last place you want to be on gameday - jail holding cells!

No comments:

Post a Comment