Monday, February 8, 2010

Santa Jack

I have to make a post about our bus driver, Santa Jack. I hadn't even gotten out to the bus on Friday and Bret announced to me that Santa was our bus driver. I'm like umm, okay? He proceeded to tell me that the guy looks like Santa and is a legend to teams in the area.

I met him when I got on the bus and he mentioned how he knows Bret from driving the Delmarva Shorebirds and he also splits some of his time driving for the Wilmington Blue Rocks (in northern Delaware) and has driven for other Minor League Baseball teams. When Coach Allen and Coach Peery got on the bus, they knew him from Roanoke!

Apparently Santa Jack is a legend! Not only does Santa Jack look like a real Santa, he is Santa during the holiday season! I better watch myself around this guy :-) I'm glad that he's been able to be with us on this long road trip, he's super nice. Very courteous and talkative. Wish we could have him "full-time!"

I'll try to get a picture of him/post it before he leaves us on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment