Sunday, November 14, 2010

New York Part II

Let me declare this right away, I am a city girl, but in no offense to anyone from New York or who loves New York, but this place just isn't for me. I was here for the first time a few years ago when my best friend interned at MTV for the summer. I spent the week with her and it was the beginning of July so needless to say it was extremely hot and humid. I don't deal with heat and humidity very well, so I just assumed this was mostly why I didn't like NY on my first trip.

I'm slowly learning that I am a very patient and calm person and NY really overwhelms me. Not many things rattle or overwhelm me, so this is definitely a change. A lot of the people are very overwhelming and impatient and that makes this a very unique city that tons of people love.

Another thing that is very overwhelming about NY is the prices! I snapped these pics tonight from our in-hotel room service guide.

Fruit for $11?!?! I better get the whole banana tree or grape vine!

Cereal for $7? I can buy TWO boxes of cereal AND a gallon of milk to last me a week or two for $7.

I guess I can say I'm semi-use to ridiculous dessert prices since they seem to jack these up everywhere, but the ice cream and milk and cookies for $9 really caught my eye. Again, if I spent this much at the grocery store, I'd probably be set for a few weeks!

Needless to say, this girl didn't order any of this food!

Another crazy part of NY that overwhelmed me was the traffic. Yes, you hear about the traffic all the time when people talk about NY, but it took us probably an hour and a half to two hours to get from practice tonight back to our hotel (I think it should have been about a half hour, but I'm not positive). I'm curious how many stoplights, honking cars and pedestrians we encountered.

No comments:

Post a Comment