Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there... especially the awesome moms of all our players and staff.

Sports moms are one of a kind and sometimes have to be away from their kids for long periods of time - whether it be for practices, road trips, or when your child goes away to college (or to work for a team away from home). The life of athletics can be difficult as families can be separated during holidays and odd times of the year.

I know many moms (and dads/families) that travel out of their way to attend a game and support their kids. Many of these moms make it to every game, every season. This travel can be stressful with money/travel expenses and spending a lot of time in cars/planes. I know your kids appreciate it a ton and love that you come to cheer on the Hawks.

And to my mom, thanks for all you do. I know I'm a thousand miles away and don't get to see or talk to you a whole lot, but I appreciate you and love you a ton. I wouldn't be where I am today without your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment