Monday, March 8, 2010

The Road to the MEACs

As you should already know (and if you don't, you need to start following www.umeshawks.com ASAP!) the guys are the #6 seed in MEAC tournament and play Coppin State on Wednesday.

We left today for Winston-Salem, N.C. around 12:30 and the guys had practice beforehand. Here are a few photos from our trip...

The team held a normal practice prior to leaving this afternoon. I had to snap this pic because Coach Blaine has resumed to practicing with the team again. It's always fun to watch him play.

Kevin always likes being shown on the blog, so here he is loading his stuff under the bus. I should really take a pic after everything is loaded on, it gets pretty full in there!

During the 7ish hour bus ride, we were able to watch three movies. We started off with the LeBron James documentary, More Than A Game. I thought it was really good and everyone seemed into it. It's simply amazing the things he did growing up and the kids he was surrounded by in high school. I thought it was funny at the end when they were showing what everyone was doing now, after high school, and for Mr. James it said: Employed seasonally in Cleveland. If anyone has to ask doing what, they need to be slapped. :-) With about an hour left in the trip, and just after dinner, we begin watching it again. Needless to say, I was tired and caught a quick nap.

After that movie we watched American History X. I had never seen this before and did not know what it was about or what to expect. Man, was I in for it! There were numerous times through the movie that I felt like I was going to be physically ill, I've never had that feeling before. And the end definitely had me crying. It was such a sad and telling story, I cannot imagine having that lifestyle. If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it, but if you have a weak stomach, I would just stay prepared. I thoroughly enjoyed it; however, I just don't think I can mentally watch it again.

After that we watched The Hangover, which I had seen the beginning part of on a previous trip. Still funny and everyone on the bus was dying laughing. The best part for me, I think, would be listening to and seeing Freddy Obame Obame laughing. Seeing this is an experience of itself. Too funny.

Between movies and music, the guys spend a lot of the ride sleeping. I'm pretty short, so I have a hard time getting comfortable to sleep on the bus. The guys have it easy (maybe?) since they can stretch out across the aisles (my legs are just too short!). It's always funny to look back and only see legs across the aisles as everyone is napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment